What can I do on Mymissio?
Mymissio a fundraising platform that allows you to donate to and raise funds for nonprofits.
- Create a profile page for all to see
- View nonprofit organizations and fundraisers
- Donate and participate as much as you want
- Create a fundraising page and tell your own story using photos and videos
- Share your fundraising page through social media
- Track your fundraisers and donations
- Create events to support your cause(s)
- Promote and advertise your events for free
- Email thank you letters and videos to all your donors
The possibilities are endless with Mymissio!
How does Mymissio work?
With just four easy steps you will be ready to share your vision, passion, and goals with your family and social media networks.
Step 1: Select the nonprofit you are fundraising for and give your personal page a unique name that gives others a brief description of your fundraising mission.
Step 2: Now you are ready to personalize your page. Upload photos and videos that will reflect the mission and vision of the cause you care deeply about. You can get as personal and heartfelt as you want. Let potential donors feel and share your passion.
Step 3: Share your fundraising page with all your friends and social medial networks. You can share your personal fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus, Linkedin, Pinterest and via your email contacts. Ask your network to donate to the cause you are fundraising for.
Step 4: Your charity/organization can now receive the money you help raised. Donors will use a secure payment gateway through Authorize.net. This will send the payment directly to the charity. Charities will receive the money you’ve raised within 30 days.
What does Mymissio cost?
At Mymissio, your mission is our passion. That means Mymissio is absolutely F R E E to use.
What are the transaction fees?
- Yeah, we have to pay for our costs (the servers and staff that keep Mymissio running).
- We keep our pricing to a minimum so your donations will have the greatest possible influence.
- At 3.5%, Mymissio's transaction fee is the lowest among payment gateways.
- Need an example? Of a $100 donation, $96.80 goes straight to your charity(ies).
What are the hidden fees?
- What hidden fees? We don't charge gateway or credit card processing fees.
- Our mission is not to strangle the life out of your donation but to give your donation room to flourish.
What is the processing fee?
- We're serious. There isn't one.
How do I find a charity or a fundraiser?
We have over 1 million worldwide charities in our searchable database.
- To find a charity or fundraise, choose any of the donate or fundraise buttons on the Mymissio site. Browse by category or search by keyword, fundraiser name, charity name, city, zip code, or country.
- If you have trouble, please contact us
Having trouble with photos and videos?
Finding a Friend's Fundraiser
In order to find a friends fundraiser, click on the donate button. From there, you can search for your friend's fundraiser.
Why can't I upload a photo?
Why Can't I upload a photo?
- Every site has server limits. Here are ours: maximum of 3 MB and a minimum of 375 x 375 pixels in jpg, jpeg, gif, and png formats.
- Larger picture files take longer to upload.
Why can't I see the entire image?
- For high quality pictures, Mymissio automatically scales your pictures to 448 x 375 pixels. Make sure the important part of your picture is within those dimensions.
How do I add a video to my fundraising page?
- Videos take up a lot of space, so you won't be able to upload your file. However, Mymissio is compatible with YouTube and Vimeo. Type in the URL of your YouTube or Vimeovideo to the comments or thank you video sections, and Mymissio will connect site visitors through your link.
How do I share my fundraising page?
It's really easy. Choose any (or all!) of the social media links at the top of your fundraiser page.
What are Meet Ups?
Meet Ups are fundraising events. For example, if you're hosting a walk-a-thon and would like to inform the public, then you would create a meet up. A meet up could even be as simple as a brief meeting with all participant fundraisers.
How do I create a Meet Up?
- After signing into your personal fundraiser page, click on the Events tab.
- Choose the add an event link and type in the details of your event.
- If your meet up is active, all site visitors can see it.
- If your meet up is inactive, only you (as the administrator of your personal fundraising page) can see it.
How does the comments section work?
Communicate with your fundraising community. Anyone who sees your fundraiser page can comment. Mymissio will notify you when someone posts on your page. To manage these notifications, go to the My Profile tab.
How do I delete my fundraiser page?
Why would you want to do that?
- If you must delete your fundraiser page, go to the My Fundraisers tab and choose the X in the upper right hand corner of the fundraiser you want to delete.
- We hope you won't delete it, though.
How does the money get to the charities?
- If your charity has claimed the page, Mymissio will transfer funds directly to the charity's main banking account. If the charity has not claimed a page, Mymissio will automatically send a check minus the transaction fees. All monies donated that have not been transferred within 15 days will be sent to the charity directly.
Why should nonprofits use Mymissio?
Our mission at Mymissio is to help you follow your passion. That simply means we are committed to assisting you reach your charitable goals. With Mymissio, you have the ability to create your own personal fundraising page that has the potential of going viral.
How does my charitable organization receive its money?
- Claim your charity's page, and Mymissio will transfer funds directly to its main banking account. If you don't claim your charity's page, Mymissio will automatically send a check minus the transaction fees. Mymissio All monies donated that have not been transferred within 15 days will be sent to the charity directly.
What information does Mymissio provide to my nonprofit?
- When someone donates to your charity through Mymissio you will have access to the donor's name, email, physical address, amount of donation, the date and time the donation occurred, and the Mymissio fundraiser that generated the donation, if the donation came through a Mymissio fundraiser.
Are donations secure?
- Yes. Mymissio uses Authorize.Net as a secure gateway for the transfer of funds. For more information, visit http://www.authorize.net.
What if I can't find my charity?
- We can help with this!
- You'll need your EIN (Tax ID).
- If you're logged in, log out of Mymissio and go to the home page.
- Under Organizations, choose Add Your Organization.
- If you have a log in, scroll to the bottom of the page and click log in.
- Enter your log in information.
- Enter your EIN (Tax ID).
- You're ready to fundraise!
- If you don't have a log in, complete the sign up page.
- Enter your EIN (Tax ID).
- Have some fun fundraising!
- How do I remove my charity from the Mymissio website?